We planned to take advantage of Europe's famously efficient high-speed trains for our entire trip, but getting from Venice to Paris was going to be a challenge. Even at top speeds we only had two options of at least 10 hours each, and the price was much higher than we expected thanks to our late booking. During a trip planning session Jole said "Why don't we just fly?" and it was like a revelation. An hour later we were booked on a quick EasyJet flight through Marco Polo International Airport in Venice (totally wins the award for best airport name!) into Paris' Charles de Gaulle for half the price and one-tenth of the time.
Flying with EasyJet was one of the best parts of our trip for a bunch of reasons:
- The Customer Service Team: As soon as we walked into the doors of Marco Polo Airport an EasyJet customer service agent stopped and asked where we were heading. I was a little taken aback with how quickly he intercepted us, but it was only because he wanted to route us directly to the "Special Assistance" aisle, which they use for people who need a little extra time and help getting on the plane. It saved us waiting in any line and set the tone for a great leg of the trip!
- The Prices: Seriously, we need more low-cost airlines in the U.S. Our trip was absurdly cheap, even with us paying extra to check bags. We flew to another country for less than what it would cost us to fly from SF to LA.
- The Boarding & Baggage Process: One of my favorite treats is going outside and boarding the plane via the steps. It doesn't happen much in the U.S. but it was our experience in all the European airports. Planeside at EasyJet someone came over and took Mia's stroller, folded it for us and whisked it away, and another agent brought it out to baggage claim when we arrived in Paris. So helpful!
- The Inflight Magazine: I love magazines, I love travel, so of course I always read the inflight magazine, Traveller. The articles were so catchy, and maybe I loved it so much since it was all about Europe and it was all new to me, but it made me want to visit every place I read about. If you want to check it out you can read it online as well.
- The Inflight Staff: They were all fantastic! We've been lucky to have really kind flight attendants on all our flights with Mia, and this time they were no exception. AND we got to hear the handsome steward give flight announcements in huskily French-accented English.
Have you flown EasyJet? Would you fly with them again? We certainly will!